Syntagma Square (The Changing of the Guard) • Roman Agora • Hadrian’s Libray • Plaka District • Orthodox Cathedral • Byzantine Churches • Monastiraki Square • Flea Market
Duration 4-5 Hours
Enjoy the rich flavors and cultural wonders of Greece in our walking food tour. Satisfy your appetite for traditional Greek cuisine while indulging your curiosity about the country's history and culture through the art of storytelling. Our expert guides will lead you on a culinary journey through the heart of Athens, where you'll discover local specialties and hidden gems, and explore the city's stunning architecture and cultural landmarks.
With every bite and every step, you'll be transported deeper into the heart of Greece, creating unforgettable memories that will stay with you long after your journey is over. Don't miss this unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the vibrant and colorful culture of Greece, and let us take you on a journey you'll never forget.
Start your day the Greek way, with koulouri and mpougatsa, in one of the oldest bakeries in Athens that feeds the whole city! Learn how traditional ‘phyllo’ pies are made and discover how Homer comes into play. Walking your way through the alleys, you will find yourselves among merchants, you will smell and feel aromatic herbs, and honey, theorized by Aristotle.
Along the way, enjoy discovering all the splendour that makes up the Greek cultural, historical and gastronomic heritage. Go through the ages and access the most recognized corners but also unsuspected addresses unearthed especially for you.
The "pluses" of this culinary visit: make short stops to taste the essential olive oil, a gift from the goddess Athena to the inhabitants of her favourite city; taste the giant Kalamata olives or the small, smooth-skinned olives from Crete.
The philosophy of a culinary guided tour is to give the traveller flavours and scents of the local gastronomic culture; it's about tasting the local specialities. We taste "small bites" of Greek cuisine.
Following a typical day’s schedule for Athenians, we’ll make our way to Athens Central Market, to get to know the passionate stall owners who have been making their home-produced products available to us for many decades and try some of the most iconic Greek local food directly from their stalls. Discover the history of a city and a country seen from a new angle. In fact, central food markets are at the heart of Athenian life. Places of conviviality which constitute a place with particular flavours not to be missed.
During this walk I will introduce you to "sweet and savoury" legends and anecdotes, to everyday life. And collect a wealth of advice for the rest of the trip.
This authentic local culinary experience in Athens is also an opportunity to discover two districts of Athens and their markets (Plaka, Monastiraki) in an original and fun way. Follow your guide to discover an original gastronomic Athens.
Your journey to Greek gastronomy is not over yet! On to the next stop, it is time for the famous Greek Souvlaki.
Finally taste a delicious traditional greek dessert and learn the secret of how to order all kinds of greek coffee, but most importantly how to drink coffee like a true Greek.
Don't miss this unforgettable opportunity to discover Athens through its cuisine and culture.
• Experience the best of Athens on this tour, where you'll explore the lively neighborhoods of Syntagma and Monastiraki, as well as the charming Plaka district, famous for its white staircases and lovely cafes.
• Explore authentic Greek foods such as traditional pies, delicious desserts and gain an insight into rich, local flavours.
• Discover the history behind each bite and listen to their story, which may go all the way back to Homer.
• Taste the famous Greek olive oil at a local food market and visit family-run establishments that have stood the test of time.
• Travel back in time to family-run establishments that have survived the centuries by bringing people the best of the best.
• Souvlaki: the famous greek street food.
• Experience the fortune-telling powers of the Greek coffee, or taste an iced coffee, a Greek specialty.
• Enjoy the spectacular change of the guards in front of the Parliament.
• There will be enough food for a full brunch.
• This tour can be customized for vegetarians, vegans and families with young children.
• After the visit: Live the experience of an open-air cinema
• (Optional) Add a 2-hour guided tour of the nearby archaeological sites for an additional cost.
Tours can be customized to your needs and interests.
Do not hesitate to contact me for more information and I will answer you as soon as possible.