Temple of Olympian Zeus • Acropolis Hill• Dionysus’ Theatre• Ancient Agora• Plaka
Duration 4 hours
Embark on a captivating journey into the enchanting world of ancient Greece, as your licensed guide regales you with tales of mythical heroes, epic adventures, scandalous love affairs and intriguing anecdotes about the gods. Our legendary tour is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the vibrant and colourful history of this ancient civilization. With your expert guide leading the way, you'll discover the fascinating stories and legends that have shaped Greek culture and influenced Western civilization for centuries. Don't miss this opportunity to experience the untold myths and captivating tales of ancient Greece. Live a journey that will leave you enchanted and inspired!
Long before mascots and logos, the owl - emblem of Athens - represented the notion of wisdom. Greece, as the first nation to conquer logic and formulate laws regarding the function of the universe, created a goddess who personifies wisdom and prudence; Athena, whose emblem is the owl. Do you know why the city is named after the goddess Athena? Athens was his favourite city and the olive tree was her gift to the city.
Take advantage of your guide to discover the sacred olive tree that Athena had raised during her legendary dispute with Poseidon not far from the statues of the famous Caryatids.
Together we will talk about other gods and demi-gods whose myths are linked to the private and public life of the city of Athens. Dionysus the god of wine and therefore the happiest of all, Zeus the father of mortals and immortals, Asclepius the god of medicine or even the legendary king of Athens and killer of the Minotaur, the hero Theseus. Discover the myth hidden behind each monument.
For many, mythology is a set of imaginary stories that have nothing to do with reality. According to scholars, myth is a particular form that tries to simply interpret aspects of the world around us. According to others, it is a way of explaining through allegories the world, the forces that control it and the relationship between man and these forces.
Myths can help us form an idea about the perspective of the world by the people of antiquity, who were so imaginative that they could interpret the mysteries of the world through these stories.
As part of the mythological tour, you will visit 3 outdoor archaeological sites, the most important in the city of Athens. From the Acropolis, a pedestrian route allows you to reach the major sites such as the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Zeus on foot.
First the Temple of Olympian Zeus, then the sacred hill of the Acropolis with the Theater of Dionysus, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechteion, the Propylaea. And of course the Parthenon! The Acropolis, undoubtedly among the most remarkable monumental ensembles in history, where all the founding myths of ancient Greece are rooted. Then we cross the district of Plaka, with its picturesque alleys and its small houses built on the hillside to make the visit of the ancient Agora.
During this mythological tour we will seek why mythology excites us to this day. Discover the political and private life of the city of Democratic Athens through ancient Greek mythology.
Guide your myth in Athens!
• Discover the political and private life of the city of Democratic Athens through ancient Greek mythology.
• Discover Greece's most renowned monument: the Acropolis and its world famous Parthenon.
• Visit the Temple of Zeus and the Ancient Agora and the district of Plaka (Old City).
• Take advantage of the special combined ticket to visit the most important monuments of Athens. A skip-the-line ticket for all visits.
• Learn anecdotes, gossip and other fascinating tales during this legendary tour.
• Enjoy spectacular views of the city.
• Commemorate your unforgettable visit to ancient Greece with a special souvenir gifted to you and your kids by your guide. Our tours are designed to create lasting memories, and what better way to keep those memories alive than with a special memento of your journey? Don't miss your chance to take home a piece of the magic and make your visit to Greece truly unforgettable.
• From the Acropolis, a pedestrian route allows you to reach the major sites such as the Ceramics Cemetery, the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Zeus on foot.
• Take advantage of an early morning tour to avoid the summer heat and large crowds.
• Make sure to wear comfortable footwear and a hat for a pleasant stroll.
• Avoid queues with the combined ticket.
Tours can be customized to your needs and interests.
Do not hesitate to contact me for more information and I will answer you as soon as possible.